Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Monday, February 06, 2006

i said brrr...its cold in here...

My mommy is trying to save on the electric bill and won't turn on the heat. She also closes all the blinds during the day so I can't get warm. I think she closes the blinds to make me think its nightime so I'll sleep, but she doesn't realize I pretty much sleep all day regardless of the light outside. I could use some sun.

My mommy had a guest this weekend. It was her friend named Heather, my Auntie Heather. I love Auntie Heather because she thinks everything I do is funny. Roll around and groan a little but and she'll be cackling up a storm. She also is a little bit afraid of Zoey. Zoey told me that she used to live in a house with mommy and Auntie Heather and another lady named Aubreya. Aubreya had two cats who tried to sneak into Mommy's room and eat Zoey's food. Zoey came at them with her pattened feline frenzy attack moves and put a stop to that. She says she used to sleep on Auntie Heather's bed and swat AH's legs when she tried to sleep. Zoey is nuts.

I remember when Zoey went to live with my mommy in the place she called Gainesville. I was very jealous. I don't know what made Zoey so special that she got to go with mommy. They were gone for such a long time, too. Two human years but that's fourteen years to me! I was so miserable. I used to look out the window and watch for mommy. She would come home every month or two, but it was never enough. She never came home for good. But the day she packed up all her stuff and told me she was leaving she said, "I promise I'll come back for you one day. I won't leave you here forever." And then one day....she did!! She had moved to a new town called Jacksonville and said that I could come and live with her now. I don't know if she just had more room or more time but I didn't care, I just wanted to be near her. I love my Grandma Sally and Grandpa Steve but they're just not my mom. No one comes close to her.

My mommy always tells me that I'm the only man in her life who has never hurt her. I think she's being kind of silly but it's also kind of true. I see these guys, they come and go, and they don't take time to appreciate how much she cares about them. My mommy is so loyal to the people in her life...I don't think it is too much to ask that men treat her with decency and respect. Sometimes mommy doesn't have a nose like mine, to sniff out the losers! I'll have to start helping her with that.

Well, I need to go now because all this thinking and writing has made me sleepy. I'm going to see if Zoey will curl up and nap with me because its still pretty cold in here for a Florida pup like me. Hurry home mommy. I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home