Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I don't feel so good...

Well, August was a very interesting month for me! First of all, Mommy went back to work. That was no good, because it means I'm cooped up all day with Zoey. Zoey's new thing is to stalk the lizards on the other side of the window. Sometimes she gets so excited about it, she smashed herself into the glass trying to catch them. It wakes me up from my eight hour nap, stupid cat.

This has been a hard month for me. I haven't been feeling like myself. I know that I'm an old man, or at least Mommy always calls me her "lil' ole man", but lately I've just felt crabby and cranky. I mope a lot. Mommy yells, "Stop that, Mopey McMoperson!" at me, but I just have felt a lot of pain in my back legs and my tail lately. The other day it got so bad that I couldn't even stand up! I was very scared. I cried all night long. I had trouble catching my breath. Mommy was holding me all night saying, "Please don't die Puckerboo, don't you die on me." GEEZ SHE IS SO DRAMATIC!! I mean, I didn't feel good but I didn't feel like the good lord was calling me up or anything.

So the next morning she rushed me to the vet. I love the vet. He lets me roam around his office and sniff all the other pups in their cages. He says that because I just lay around I don't have to be put up. They put me through an "xray" machine that took a picture of my bones! I was such a good boy that they didn't even have to give me sleepy-time medicines to do it. Then Mommy came back to get me and looked at the pictures. She told me that I have "hip dis-play-sha" and "arth-right-is" in both my legs and spine. That's how come I hurt so much lately. But the doctor gave me meds (I heard Mommy ask him about Doggy medicare; he laughed) and I feel so much better. Today I might even get to go to the groomer!!

The other thing that has happened in August is that my Mommy seems to be kissing Uncle Jeff alot. She said that I have to stop calling him that because he's not technically related to me, but I don't think it matters much. Now if I saw her kissing Uncle Jeremy or Aunt Janine....EW! Even I know better, and I sniff butts! I don't know where this kissing will go but there seems to be a lot of it. I guess that time will tell. As long as she keeps giving me the cookies I can be okay with this. I know Uncle Jeff and he's not a no-good, cheating, cold-dead beating, two-time-double-dealing, mean mistreating ... guy.

Well, Mommy is finally going to wake up and take me for a WALK! She is so lazy sometimes.

WOOF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home