Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

WOW! WE DID IT!!

Well, thank goodness that's over!

Moving is such a stressful thing to do. It took us about five days of packing and cleaning, packing and cleaning, packing and cleaning but we FINALLY are settled in our new little happy home. I am such a happy, hairy mongrel to be in the new house that I can't stop the wagging.

Here are some cool things that I dig about our new pad:

  • THE FIRST FLOOR! No more stairs for my arthritic legs. Plus, I can watch out the window as Mommy comes and goes. This makes me feel much better. I used to think that she was standing on the other side of the door, playing some cruel joke on me by not taking me with her. But now when I see her climb into her unairconditioned car in the 90 degree Florida heat, I just laugh at her and relax in my ACed abode.
  • THE WINDOWS! We have lots of window on all the walls, and I love to spy on the neighbors through these window. Also, Zoey loves to watch the lizards and squirrels that frolick safely on the other side of the glass. It distracts her from her evil plot to take over the world.
  • THE NEIGHBORS! They are very nice, inviting us to BBQs and smiling. The kids all want to pet me. PLUS - they are no cranky old ladies around to complain that I bark too much. IN YOUR FACE, GRUMPY OLD HAG!!
  • THE TILE! We've got ceramic tile in the kitchen and "foyer" (ok its like a 2x2 entryway but still) and I love to plop my fat belly down on its natural coolness and take a nice, long nap. Being me is a hard job!!
  • THE BIG BATHROOM TUB! Mommy said that its too nice of a tub to make me take a bath in it, and I couldn't be happier about that. Back to the groomer's for this pup.
  • THE PAINT! Mommy painted her bedroom a cheerful shade of green. It makes me think of grass, which makes me think of peeing, so on second thought, I don't really like that paint afterall.
  • THE SMILE ON MY MOMMY'S FACE! I love to see her look so happy to come home every day, and to dance around to songs like "Independent Women" (hello, Destiny's Child flashback) in her underwear (I guess she's not picked up on the whole "multiple windows" thing). I love to see my mama so happy.

So, we've still got some boxes to unpack, and a washer and dryer to sell, but we're happy and healthy and hoping you'll come visit.

WOOF!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home