Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Friday, March 30, 2007

2007...bad start, badass improvements

Well, my mommy has had an interesting year, thus far. I mean, okay, so maybe it didn't start out to great. I know that people talk about ringing in the New Years and having a super-crazy-monster-blowout (I heard that talk through the window from our annoying frat boy neighbors). I know that sometimes people want that perfect New Years kiss. I know that some assholes like to set off fireworks starting at 8 pm and ending at 3 am.

But Mommy...well, she feel asleep around 11 that night and when the fireworks woke her up, she couldn't figure out why people were setting them off. Now, I hate fireworks. Hence the asshole comment earlier. I mean, honestly, I don't know what they are or how they work but the noise just sends shivers down my spine - which is already ridden with arth-freaking-rightis. So, when they unnecessary noise began around 11:30, Mommy crawled on the floor to cuddle with me. She said, "It's ok baby, just some local idiots...setting off fireworks on a Monday night...hey, it's Monday night! Why are they setting off fireworks?? What the fuck?!!"

Then, through the window we hear:

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

"2007 FUCK YEAH!!"

"WOOHOO!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

"UM, I THINK I'M GOING TO PUKE."

So, then Mommy look at me and says, "Oh."

I immediately start to worry. I have seen that look on her face before. That, look that says that all her mind is thinking is "don't cry, don't cry, this is not something to cry about, don't cry." But, as quickly as the sound of someone retching in the bushes came floating through the glass, the look disappeared from my Mommy's beautiful face.

And she started laughing.

Hysterically.

If you thought I was worried before - that was nothing compared to this. This is it, I thought, my emotionally charged hormonal and also quite sexy master has flipped her freaking lid!

But, it turns out, I had no need to worry. Quickly, Mommy grabbed the phone and called Auntie Hilary. "Can you believe I forgot it was New Years?" she cackled. "Holy shit! I really have no life!" She continued to laugh, but not in the "and now I am going to enjoy hacking you to bits" kind of way, but more in the "oh what the hell, I give up" kind of way.

(Just like the time Mommy's family abandoned her on Christmas Eve and locked her out of the house while she was taking me on a poop run. But that's another blog.)

So, that was our start to 2007. Ok, a bit pathetic, but we've rebounded nicely. Maybe a crazy teenage-esqe boy moment or two, but overall, Mommy is ten times happier than she was at this time last year. She has decided to work hard at finding comedy in everything that could otherwise make her sad. She has awesome friends - some in town, nonetheless, hobbies (she signed up for beach volleyball, I hope she added extra coverage on her health insurace), and work is ten times better now that a certain ex-uncle of mine has left for good (ptfo, you jerk). Also, this guy from her book club took her out twice. She doesn't come home smelling like him, which is good for me but maybe not so good for Mommy. She seems pleased though, and told me, "Only patience brings the worthwhile rain to the Sahara" whatever that means.

After moving to Jacksonville almost three years ago, Mommy finally feels like she is home. I dig it!

WOOF!

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

yay for good friends...and more health isurance for beach v-ball!!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home