Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Thursday, March 08, 2007

grrrrrr...grrross!

Oh, man. Mommy is sick. Sick with the flu sick. Sick like a dog sick. Sick. And it is gross!

All night long, with the coughing and the hacking and the sneezing and snooting. Hack hack hack - cough cough cough - she sounds like Mikhail Gorbachev! Ok, maybe not, but I could not resist making that rhyme.

It is kind of sad, in a way. I mean...she just looks at me and says, "Soup? Chicken soup?" and I don't know what to do to help. I don't even really know what soup is, let alone how to get some or give it to her. I think in some way, my Mommy doesn't like to be alone when she is sick. She thinks she wants someone else around - someone who would go to the store and buy ginger ale, or put butter on her crackers, someone to scratch her head or bring her clean socks.

But what Mommy doesn't know is - she may think that is what she wants, but in reality - she is an all out grump when she is sick. The last thing she needs right now is someone to be in her face and asking her what she needs because she would snap him like a twig.

So it is good that Mommy just has me, that Mommy always has me. I don't mind the moaning, the groaning, the hacking and the sneezing. I don't mind the pile of snotty tissues on the floor. I don't mind that she barely wobbles outside to let me pee. I don't mind that she falls asleep when it is dinner time and I am forced to sneak food out of Zoey's bowl.

Someone else might. But not me. Never me.

I love you, Mommy.

WOOF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home