Just Pucking Perfect

Welcome to my world. I'm Puck, the world's most loveable mutt. I'm old, I'm smelly, and I'm my mommy's biggest fan. She's young, sexy, and obviously bored. Won't you read along as my life unfolds...my fabulous, fabulous life as a dog...

Friday, March 03, 2006

I love it when she smiles...

Oh my goodness, Mommy was in the BEST MOOD this week. She had an amazing day on Wednesday. Now, I was a little bit upset on that day, because she didn't get home until about six. She rushed in the door, threw the leash on me and dragged me down the steps. She kept telling me to hurry when I was looking for a good dumping location, and then she dragged me back up the steps again. I barely got to say hello or how was your day before she jumped in the shower and locked me out of the bathroom. As I lay my head against the door, I could hear her singing in the bathtub. It went something like this...

"Movin on up!
To the east side...
To a dee-lux condo
in the sky-aye-aye..."

Then she got out of the shower and blow-dried her hair. She put on some pretty clothes and left me AGAIN!! But before she left me she kissed me on the head and said, "I think this is it Buddy. We're gonna be ok from now on."

When she finally came home around eleven o'clock, I was FURIOUS! I mean, we barely got to spend five minutes together and for two of those minutes - I was pooping!! I think Mommy needs to watch my fiber intake. Anyway, she walked in with a huge smile on her face. She flopped down on the floor next to me and rolled me over to scratch my belly. She must have known I was so mad. She even pushed Zoey (who had come over to cry about not having any food in her dish) away so we could cuddle up together. Then she told me everything that happened to her that day.

First, after school she couldn't come let me out because she went to look at another "condo". She found one that she really liked and put money down on it. She signed a lot of papers that scared her, and she didn't tell me right away because she didn't want me to worry. She also had a date! Normally, I get a little jealous of the men in her life, but I listened patiently to all the details. When she goes on these dates (maybe once a month), she never comes home too excited. But this time she was happy. She said his name is Steve.

"Like Grandpa Steve?" I asked.
"Well, he's nice like Grandpa Steve," she said, "but this is very different."
"Oh, I see. Go on. Woof."

She said they met online, through a match.com website. (Hey, I wonder if they make those for big doggs like me!) They went out to dinner and then the conversation was going so well that they went across the street for a drink! She said they had a lot in common, and that he was very easy-going. And cute. They made plans to go out again this Saturday. He is coming to pick her up and I hope I get to meet him. I will have to sniff him out and give Mommy my full opinion. If I smell loser I'm going to LET HER KNOW!

Well, it looks like I'm moving to a new house (paws crossed for good luck) and that my mommy, at the very least, has a new friend who she will be spending time with now. I am happy for mommy but I can't help but be a little sad. I love her so much, and she's not around a lot. I hope this new house will be so nice that she'll never want to leave!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home